Apple released a brand new version of the 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display just a few weeks prior to its big annual Worldwide Developers Conference, and we took it for a spin.
The updated machine gets super fast flash storage, as well as the new Force Touch trackpad, an improved dedicated GPU and an extra hour of battery life. It didn’t get new processors, but in practice, it’s still a worthwhile upgrade for those who need the might and screen real estate of a larger laptop.
- 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
- 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L RAM
- 512GB of PCIe-based flash storage
- Intel Iris Pro and AMD Radeon R9M370X w/ 2GB of RAM graphics cards
- 15.4-inch 2880 x 1800 Retina display
- MSRP: $2,499 as tested
- New flash storage speeds things up considerably
- Force Touch trackpad is especially useful for pro creative tasks
- Same processor as last year’s model
Read more: http://techcrunch.com/2015/06/04/2015-15-inch-macbook-pro-with-retina-display-review/